Tuesday, June 15, 2010

She knew I would need it...

Yesterday was tough. It had been long day with little communication with Madison and I was missing her something terrible! We had talked at 7am, but twelve hours later I couldn't wait for 8pm (which is when she gets released for the day) to hurry up and get there so I could hear her voice! I was starting to worry and get downright depressed!

When I couldn't take it any longer I sent Madi a text - just to feel like I was talking to her. That's when it hit me - "check your notes!!!". As you may remember, in the past, Madison has left notes for me on my "notes" app. on my cell phone. With pure excitement I checked the notes app. and sure enough, as if she knew I would need it, there it was! A note from Saturday - the day she left for swim camp! It said: "Hey mommy I love you sooooooooooo much. have a great day" " love-Madi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) "

I cried with happiness and was instantly lifted up! I still wanted to hear her voice, but that note saved me from feeling sad and so far-away from her. It helped me to remember what is all too easy to forget when she is not with me - that she loves me and she will not forget me.

No comments:

Post a Comment