Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lemonade ~ 25¢

As Madi and I were about to pull out of our neighborhood on the way to run an errand today, we saw a rare early summertime treat...

Two very enthusiastic little girls selling... ~Lemonade for 25¢!

Cute lemonade stand, huh? The littlest one brought some of her toys out to display. I can only guess she was hoping they would draw in thirsty customers. The soldier bear and barrel of monkeys were not for sale. Madi and I had to stop. Because really, who could resist two little ones selling lemonade for just 25¢?? Not me and not Madi! I'm so glad we stopped! Not only because of the lemonade which was like sunshine in a cup, but because these two girls were a joy to get to hang out with for a few minutes. The littlest one had the cutest voice and the oldest had such a sweet demeanor. They told me I could take their picture before I could even get all the words out. *Don't worry, I also asked their grandmother just to be sure. What a perfect start to summer (yeah, I know it's not for another few weeks but, its in the upper 90's here and school's out). I wish more street corners had lemonade stands and sweet little sunny faces behind them!! Can you imagine a world like that? Yeah, me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment