Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gooseberry Patch ~ Chicken Chimies

In my post earlier today, I said that I wanted to write about this past weekends events. I do and I will, but this post is one that I started last week and want to finish. It's a short post. A sharing kinda post. Sharing is always good, right? Gooseberry Patch's "Our Best Quick & Easy Recipes" book is currently my favorite source for...well, for "quick and easy recipes"! The recipes featured in this book are not complicated and do not require that you go to the store for ingredients you've never even heard of. I like that! And, I thought you might like that too. I found my Gooseberry Patch book in Wal-mart, but you can find SO much more on their website if you want to check it out. Jack, Madi and I really love the Chicken Chimies recipe. It's our favorite for sure! I've made it several times, with some slight variations to the recipe, and each time it's been a hit. The bonus to this recipe is, of course, that it is easy to make! Anyway, I hate to keep something this wonderful and yummy to myself, so I wanted to share the Chicken Chimie recipe here. This is not the exact recipe, I did add a thing or two, but it is very close! Gooseberry Patch's Chicken Chimie's 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded salt to taste pepper to taste garlic salt to taste 1 T. butter 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas 8oz. pkg. shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or use a cheese with added Jalapenos if you want it a bit spicy) 6 Green onions (optional) black olives (optional) Toppings: guacamole, sour cream, salsa Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper & garlic salt. Saute the chicken in a pan until done. Remove let cool then shred. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add chicken and saute for about three minutes. *I added a little more pepper and garlic salt at this point, just for a little more flavor. After three minutes, add chicken evenly onto tortillas. Top with cheese, green onions and black olives (if you are using) and fold up sides and roll up, burrito-style. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add rolled-up tortillas and saute until golden (really does not take long to get golden, so be sure to watch it) Serve with your choice of toppings and over lettuce leaves if desired. Serves about 6 to 8.
...and aquí está ~garnished with Jack's homemade guacamole,
sour cream,
tomato chunks,
red onions
and
thinly sliced jalapenos.

No comments:

Post a Comment