Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fi, fie, fiddly-i-o

*the title of this post is from song lyrics in "Someones in the Kitchen with Dinah" - an American folk song.

We had a fairly busy Memorial Day weekend. In a later post, I want to write about our visit to The Homestead Heritage in Waco, Texas this past Saturday. Also, in a later post, I plan to write about the black swallow tail butterfly that emerged from it's crysalis this weekend and the events that followed.

So, there's lots to write about, but all that's for a later time. For this post, I just want to share some pictures of the Memorial Day goodies that Madison and I made together.

~Sugar Cookies with White Chocolate Frosting. Madi helped me make the cookies, but as usual she did all of the decorating.

~We made Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. A recipe by my culinary hero, Paula Deen, Y'all! Madi also decorated all of the cupcakes and did an awesome job too! She's holding up one of the cupcakes she made just for her Cami & Johnny Dad in the above picture.

~My first totally homemade cupcakes! ~Madi and I gave plates like this one to family and neighbors. Everyone seemed thrilled to get them and I hope the taste did not disappoint! I really enjoy baking and spending time in the kitchen with Madi . She's always willing to help and I'm SO glad because I don't know what I would do without her decorating expertize! Thanks Madi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment