Monday, May 17, 2010

She's got spirit!

As you may already know, Madison is in the Belton Middle School Choir. This was her first year and she plans to take it again next year in 7th grade. She has really enjoyed the class and her teacher, Mrs. Martinez. We have really enjoyed watching her preform in all the concerts throughout the year. Last week the Choir preformed their final concert of the year. Madi and her group (6th grade girls choir) preformed three songs, each with a little dance skit. It was really fun to watch! I was singing along and dancing in my chair - a proud mom! Jack was smiling at me and I could tell his heart was filled with happiness and pride.
~Madi and her friend Maggie (who is also on the swim team with Madi) waiting to perform.
Madi doesn't look nervous at all! What a happy child she is!
~During their performance.
After the concert, Mrs. Martinez gave out a few different awards and Madison was honored with the "Spirit of Choir" Award! This award is for having a positive/cheerful attitude, a willingness to learn, being happy to be in class and for cheering on and encouraging fellow students. Yep, that's Madi!
~I was so preoccupied with being the proud Mom, screaming, clapping and whoopin' it up, that I almost forgot to get a picture of her receiving the award! And as par for the course - I cried!
~Madi wearing her award/medal.
~The back of the medal:
Spirit of Choir
BMS Choir
2009-2010 Jack and I know that Madison is an awesome kid with a beautiful spirit which I have written about just recently. But, it is so gratifying when someone else, like a respected teacher, recognizes that in her! Congratulations Madison! That beautiful spirit shines in everything you do - never let it fade away! We love you completely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment