Saturday, May 1, 2010

Christie Leigh McCardle-Toole

Sadly, last weekend a childhood friend of mine, Christie Leigh McCardle-Toole, passed away suddenly. She and I were friends in junior high and high school, but had lost touch after school. Thanks to Facebook, Christie and I reconnected about a year ago and talked or commented on one another's posts often.

Christie was truly a wonderful person. She always had a kind word and a positive attitude. Soo many people have commented on how happy she always seemed to be and how she had a contagious and constant smile. I remember that smile. I remember her kind words to me just days before she passed and I will always be thankful for this last year which allowed us to share small pieces of our lives with each other.

Since I was not able to attend the funeral services, which were held yesterday in Columbus, Georgia, Jack and I planted a beautiful tree in memory of Christie in our backyard. This is our way of showing respect and continuing life in her name.

The following was taken from Christie's funeral program...

The Final Flight Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free I'm following the path God laid for me. I took his hand when I heard his call, I turned my back and left it all. I could not stay another day, To laugh, to love, to work, to play. Tasks left undone must stay that way, I've found the peace at the end of the day. If my parting has left a void, Then fill it with remembered joy. A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss, Ah, yes, these things too I will miss. Be not burdened with times of sorrow, I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow. My life's been full, I savored much, Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch. Perhaps my times seemed all too brief, Don't lengthen it now with undue grief. Lift up your heart and share with me, God wanted me now, He set me free.

May you rest in the everlasting peace and love of our Lord, my sweet friend.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't have said it better Olivia. Good job and I can't wait to see pictures of the tree!

    ReplyDelete