Tuesday, October 13, 2009

three days in the middle of October....

Since yesterday (Monday, October 11) was Columbus Day, Jack had the day off and Madi and I were out of school for the day! Nice. Thank goodness for three day weekends! We were able to get some much needed rest and we were able to get a major project that we had been putting off for months (cleaning/rearranging our kitchen cabinets) done. That was, of course, no fun but, the rest of our weekend was great. It was one of those weekends, the best kind of weekend, where we were able to spend time with both sides of the family.
Friday night Jack, Madi and I spent the evening with Momma Johnston since Johnny was out of town on business travel. We sent hours relaxing and watching one of Madi's favorite shows, America's Funniest Home Videos. And funny it was! We had a great night full of laughter. Thanks mom!
On Saturday, we welcomed a new addition to the Johnston family.....

His name is Sampson, Sammy for short, and he is Mom and Dad Johnston's new 7 week old toy poodle. Cute, huh? He has a great temperament and seems to already enjoy his new home. Madison just couldn't put him down and already loves him so!

Sunday evening, thanks to our Nephew, Jason, was the most fun we (mostly, I) have had in a long time! Jack, Madison, Jason, my sister Gennie, and I went to the "Lost Get Found" concert by my favorite Christian Music Artist, Britt Nichole. It was such an uplifting concert and Britt Nichole was so powerful, in voice and in presence! We had a fantastic time and we are so thankful to Jason for being such a thoughtful young man! He found out about the concert through his Orthodontist's office, who was selling tickets. He knew she was my favorite so, he got us all tickets to go! What a sweetheart!
Here's a few pictures...none of the pictures of the stage action came out good but, you get the idea....

~yeah, like I said, these are not so good!

~Jason and Madi after the concert The opening act for Britt Nichole was a Christian Band called, Mikeschair and let me just say - Wow! They were THE perfect band to get the night started! Monday, our extra day, was spent at my moms house. Jack showed Jason a few football moves.....

~I don't know what this is but, I'm sure it's important for Jason to know.

~I'm guessing....blocking moves??
~Jason getting aggressive! See that Bella is very interested in what's going on....

~she decides to get in on the fun...

~ Bella's gonna take the tackle bag OUT!

~ Bella thinkin' - ha, showed them boy's how its done!
~Madi's using the tackle bag thingy as a dancing partner. Jack was in THE ZONE so he wasn't laughing...Jason was though! :D Mom fixed a truly delicious Southern~Home~Cooked~Meal!! Thanks mom! After dinner, Jack, Madi, Jason and I played a game of football. The boys were on one team (Madi and I had code names for them - Jack was "rose" and Jason was "flower" -- this was Madi's idea of course) and Madi and I were on the other team. I'll be honest though, it hurts. The boys won 6-0! No pictures were taken of this event, mostly because I, (the picture taker) was actually playing IN the game, not watching the game. It was so much fun! Can't wait till the rematch!
While at moms and while Jack and Jason "practiced" their football moves, I walked the land some and took pictures. Here's a few I would like to share...

~Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment