Thursday, October 15, 2009

it's all Madison's fault....

A few weeks ago Madison came home with "The Cookie Bible" which she checked out from her school library. You know, there is only one reason a child would check a book such as this out - to get YOU to make things out of it. She tried to play innocent and said that she got it for me to look at because she knows how much I love cookbooks. Nice try Madi!
Well, I got suckered in! This book is filled with tons of cookie and brownie recipes. Once I looked through it, I couldn't resist making a few. I am currently in the process of typing all the ones that look worth trying that I haven't already so that Madison can take the book back to the library.
I recently made the "Layers of Love Chocolate Brownies" and they were delicious! Jack actually picked these out and I'd say he made a great choice!
I'm going share the recipe here because I think it's worth sharing and because I'm sure there are a few chocolate lover's reading this! Just know that this time I tried it before I shared it - unlike the Espresso Martini! ;)
Layers of Love Chocolate Brownie ingredients
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup baking Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut in pieces
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 large eggs, divided
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 white chocolate morsels(chips)
1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
3/4 semi-sweet chocolate morsels
Preheat oven to 35o F. Grease 8-inch-square baking pan.
Combine flour, cocoa and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Reserve 3/4 cup batter. Spread remaining batter into prepared baking pan Sprinkle pecans and White morsels over batter. Drizzle caramel topping over top. Beat remaining egg and reserved batter in same large bowl until light in color. Stir in semi-sweet morsels. Spread evenly over caramel topping. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely (this is the hard part because everyone wants to eat them right away!) in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares and ENJOY!
I didn't get many pictures of the Brownies ~ just this one which was taken more then halfway through the preparing process.....

and this one, which is of a half eaten brownie......

No comments:

Post a Comment