Saturday, January 25, 2014

Just One Month

Sometimes I forget about the blog or - if I'm being honest, I get too lazy to post to it. I end up posting things that belong here on Facebook instead.  But, it's just so much easier (in my opinion) to hop on Facebook and share things.  It's a little more complicated to get it all together and write it here on our blog.

Here's an example.  On Thursday, January 23, 2014, I was thinking about Madison and her upcoming Birthday.  Jan. 23rd means that we have just one month before her Birthday on Feb. 23rd!  Just one month! And this year, she's turning 16! It's an exciting time. It's also a little stressful - trying to figure out what to do for her on her special day and how to get it all done in just one month.  And, again, if I'm being honest, it's a little heart breaking. I can't believe our little girl is turning 16!  Wasn't it just yesterday that I was kissing her chubby baby cheeks and rocking her to sleep? Sure seems like it.

So, I'm full of mixed emotions. But, one thing is for certain; I couldn't be happier for our sweet Madi! For this special time in her life and all the things that go along with being a free spirited teen.  I want her to have the BEST teen years! I want her to look back and say - "yep, it was an amazing time".  Other than school and making good grades (so that her dreams of going to her college of choice are attainable),  I don't want her to have a care in the world.  Those cares will come in due time, lets not rush it.

So anyway, here's what I posted on Facebook when I got to thinking about this special time...



This is my favorite picture of baby Madi and me. It's hard to believe that in a month my sweet, sweet girl will be 16! What a joy it has been watching her grow and mature into the young lady that she is! Her Dad and I couldn't be more proud! She is truly exceptional - and I am so blessed to be her Mom!



 This is exactly the kind of thing I want to have here on the blog so that one day we can look back and remember these times.  Facebook is nice for sharing things, but all the important things eventually gets buried by all the unimportant posts that come in after it.

One day, Madi will comb through these blog pages. She'll smile, laugh and probably cry as she does.  She'll be reminded of how very much we - Mom and Dad - have loved her and how we have dedicated our lives to making sure her's is an amazing one.  And for that, taking a few extra minutes to post here rather than Facebook is SO worth it!

Madison, we love you! As you're approaching this special time in your life, we hope that you embrace it and that when you are reading these words, years down the road, you'll be thrilled to say "yep, it was an amazing time!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment