Thursday, March 15, 2012

Early Bloomers

Yesterday, while jogging at the park across from our house, I noticed a patch of Blue Bonnets.  Because it's only the middle of March, it kind of surprised me to see them.  If I remember correctly they don't usually bloom until the end of March or very early April.  So, I'm thinking it's official - Spring has arrived! 

I couldn't just leave the park without getting a picture of these Texas beauties, so I finished my jog and took these pictures with my phone....




To me, there is no prettier sight than a field full of Blue Bonnets in the Spring.  I know this is just a patch of Blue Bonnets, but it's still very pretty and the sight of it made me happy...even though I was jogging and miserable at the time! 

Today, Madi and I are going on a little Blue Bonnet hunt together!  We're curious to see where else these early bloomers might be.  So, maybe I'll have better pictures to share with you soon! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment