Thursday, February 3, 2011

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

As promised in my last post, here are a few pictures of the House Finch (we think it's a House Finch anyway) that has been hanging out in our front yard enjoying the bird feeders.







Remember, all of these pictures have been taken through our window, so they are a little "filmy" looking.

The Cardinal's (male and female) are still hanging out, but a Mockingbird is constantly chasing them, as well as any other bird who dares to come around, off so that he/she can have sole possession of the Crape Myrtle tree. Darn Mockingbird, they are so mean!  I still haven't gotten over seeing that Mockingbird eat our new born butterfly back in May.
 I took this picture to show a little bit of the view (focusing on the bird feeder hangin' from our tree while also showing the inside [blinds]of the window) I have as I sit at our desk and look out of the window.

All my bird watching/bird picture taking has got me signing an old 60's song (I do love 60's music - so this happens a lot!)  by The Trashmen called "Surfin' Bird".  The title of this post is a lyric from said song.  For a laugh, I've attached a video clip of Peter from the TV show Family Guy singing "Surfin' Bird".  I thought it was pretty funny, even though I don't watch the show.  Enjoy, but I'll warn you, you'll have "Papa-ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow" stuck in your head all day. 

Well, I just noticed (a day after posting this) that the video did not attach or somehow disappeared from.  Anyway, I can't get the video to show up here (I'm sure there's a way ~ I just can't figure it out!) for some reason, but if you would like to see the video clip, click on the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184&feature=player_embedded#t=0s

No comments:

Post a Comment