Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ramblings...

I've been itching to write a post for a while now.  Mainly because it's been well over a month since my last post, but also because there's a lot to write about.  

Things have been crazy busy for us since Madi started back to school and I started my Fall Semester. Granted, I only have two classes, but one of them is math.  Math is not my friend.  Math sucks all the fun out of my life and gives me little free time for things like writing a post.  Madi also brings math homework home every night - even on the weekends.  Jack contributes by trying his best to help us both with our math work. This keeps all three of us from doing other things around the house, going fun places and generally having a life. Honestly, we are all sick of math!

Madison's Swim schedule has kept us busy the last two weekends.  She participated in the Round Rock Unclassified Meet last Sat., Sept.25th, in Round Rock, Texas. And yesterday, she swam in her first ever Middle School swim competition - Belton Middle School vs. Lake Belton Middle School.   I would love to share pictures from both of these events, but I can't.   The computer that I loaded the pictures on crashed (again) last night and so, I can't get to any of my pictures. Ugh!

I also have some pretty good shots of our nephew, Jason and his middle school football team, The Cavaliers, during their football game this past Tuesday night.  I can't get to those pictures either!  Once the computer is fixed (and hopefully it can be fixed) I'll post the pictures from all these events.

My Mom and sister, Virginia, both celebrated a birthday the week before last.  I have pictures but again, I can't get to them. Pretty darn frustrating!

Jack's Mom and Dad celebrated their 40th anniversary on the 17th but, we have no pictures for this historic date but, congrats to them, again.

We also have an update on our Mexican Plum tree. That will have to wait too I guess.  

So, all the above ramblings are my excuse for not updating our blog before now. Well, that and the fact that my husband is absolutely worthless when it comes to updating this blog (he wrote that so, it's okay)  :)  Hopefully, I can share pictures of everything in the next few days or in the next week.  Depends on the computer situation.  I could really kick myself right about now for not listening when Jack tells me to back up my pictures!  As much as I hate to admit it, he was right!

Yesterday evening I found a beautiful lacewing butterfly hanging on the underside of a Okra leaf and snapped a few pictures of it.  Luckily, I had not loaded these pictures on to the computer, so I do have a few pictures to jazz up this post a bit! 


Hopefully, I have redeemed myself somewhat at this point.  Y'all enjoy this beautiful Sunday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment