Saturday, February 27, 2010

SO worth it!

I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. Yesterday I made Madison's Birthday cake from scratch. It was my first attempt at making a homemade cake and I'm so glad I didn't mess it up because I didn't have a backup plan for Madi's party. No Birthday cake on order at a store and no boxed cake mix to save me. Surprisingly (to me), it wasn't hard. Time consuming, yes. But, not hard. And, in all, I had a good time doing it. It made me feel great to know I was personally making my daughter's Birthday cake. I think my first attempt at making a cake turned out pretty good, not awesome, just pretty good. There's definitely room for improvement. I had issues with finding the right cake pans and had a stressful moment where I started to doubt my decision to make the cake, but it all worked out and Madison's reaction to the cake when it was completed made it all SO worth it! Madison's 12th Birthday cake....

~The cake was a little lopsided, but I don't think Madi noticed.

Madi's reaction! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment