Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I guess you'll do....

Jack and I were drawn to each other almost the very moment we met. He was handsome and funny. I was shy and quiet. We had two very different personalities but, the magnetic pull between us was unavoidable.
He had (and still has) the prettiest blue eyes I had ever seen and I found myself in love way sooner then I wanted to admit to myself at the time. I think this was true for him too.
Though we were nearing our thirties when we started dating, we felt like couple of kids! We were so carefree in love!
He had a way of making me laugh, even on the worst of days. And just like most newly in love couples, we talked for hours and hours. Jack not only excepted that I had a 6 year old daughter but, seemed to be delighted by the fact. He respected that I was a mother first and everything else came second. He grew to love Madi as she grew to love him and he treated her as if she were his own. I just knew he would be the best step-dad! The love between Jack and I felt magical, childlike and exciting but, mostly, it felt right. It made sense. So, on November 9, 2006, we gave our lives to one another, for better or for worse.
This past Monday, November 9, 2009, Jack and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary!
Jack still makes me feel like a kid at times; giddy in love. He makes me laugh, often, everyday! He has been the best step-dad, just as I knew he would. Really, he is Madi's Dad and I am so thankful for his presence in her life. We are now into our thirties and share a busy life that doesn't allow us to be as carefree but, it is a happy life. A life that is full. A life that will lead to many rewards, of this I am sure. We do nearly everything together. We wake up together, we cook together, we clean together, we do yard work (though he does most) together, we pray together and we exercise together. We are a team and that's what I love best about our life. On the morning of our anniversary, we went for a jog together. While we were jogging, I was thinking of how there was no better way to start off our anniversary! To me, it was a perfect symbol of our unity, our marriage and our devotion to one another. I should have taken that moment to look over at him and tell him how thankful I was that he is my partner in life and how happy I am to have him on my team! So, to my husband, I say... I guess you'll do!

Happy 3rd Anniversary, Jack!!
I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Livvy! That is sooo sweet!

    Jaime Allred

    ReplyDelete
  2. Livvy ... How awesome you have found a love like that in Jack. I am so so happy for you two.
    To be blessed by God to find a man that you connect with not only emotionally but connect heart to heart is, I know, at times overwhelming (in a good way). The feeling that you've found someone who is truly the other half of you is so, often times, breath taking.
    I know it was in God's plan that you were meant to find each other and be together. I couldn't be happier and know that your lives will be just as awesome after 50 years as they have been these past three. Congratulations.
    My love to you both.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete